5 best female rappers from the west coast
The West Coast has been a hotbed for rap music for decades, and some of the biggest names in the game have come from the left side of the map. But there’s more to the West Coast than just the men – there’s also a handful of amazing female rappers who have made a name for themselves in the hip-hop world.
From gangsta rap to conscious rhymes, these five female MCs are some of the best to ever come out of the West Coast. We have the Queen of Compton, the West Coast Princess, the Bay Area Barbie, the femcee vet, and the West Coast R&B queen. These are the 5 best female rappers from the West Coast.
Ranking the 5 Best Female Rappers from the West Coast: A Look at Their Accomplishments
- Jhene Aiko: Hailing from Los Angeles, Jhene is one of the most well-known female rappers from the west coast. She first gained recognition after the release of her mixtapes the worst and Sativa. Her debut album, Sailing souls, was certified triple platinum in the United States, and her singles, “Space Jam” and “stranger”, have become two of the biggest hits in the history of hip-hop. We recently made quotes from Jhene Aiko on our blog.
- Saweetie: San Francisco native Saweetie is a fast-rising rap star. After breaking into the mainstream with her hit single “My Type”, Saweetie has released a string of successful singles and collaborations, including “Tap In”, “Best Friend”, and “Back to the Streets”.
- Nipsey Hussle: Nipsey Hussle was a Los Angeles rapper who rose to fame with his debut studio album, Victory Lap. His music was highly acclaimed, and he was widely regarded as an icon in the west coast hip-hop scene. He was tragically killed in 2019, but his legacy lives on.
- Yo-Yo: Yo-Yo is a pioneering female rapper from Los Angeles. She is best known for her debut album, Make Way for the Motherlode, and her single “You Can’t Play with My Yo-Yo”. She has become an iconic figure in the west coast hip-hop scene and has achieved mainstream success.
- Rapsody: North Carolina-born rapper Rapsody has become one of the most acclaimed lyricists in hip-hop. Her debut mixtape, The Idea of Beautiful, was met with critical acclaim and has since been followed up with two EPs and two full-length albums. Her most recent album, Eve, was nominated for four Grammy awards.
Exploring the Unique Sounds of the 5 Best Female Rappers from the West Coast
The West Coast has long been known for its unique and captivating hip-hop and rap culture. Its influence has been felt around the world, and some of the best female rappers have come from the West Coast. From the lyrical prowess of Missy Elliott to the hard-hitting rhymes of Cardi B, West Coast female rappers have made their mark in the industry.
Here is a look at the five best female rappers from the West Coast. Missy Elliott is widely regarded as one of the most influential female rappers of all time. Her unique blend of rap and R&B has made her a critical and commercial success. She is known for her innovative and creative lyrics, as well as her signature style of dress.
Missy Elliott has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide and has won four Grammy Awards. Cardi B is one of the most successful female rappers in the industry today. Her debut mixtape, Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1, was released in 2016 and was a huge success.
Her songs are full of attitude and personality, and she is known for her ability to tell stories in her rhymes. Cardi B has won numerous awards, including the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album.
Snoop Dogg is one of the most iconic West Coast rappers of all time. She is known for her laid-back delivery and her ability to mix funk, soul, and rap together. Snoop Dogg has released several albums, including her debut album Doggystyle in 1993, which went multi-platinum and was praised by critics. E-40 is another legendary West Coast rapper.
She is known for her creative and unique flow, as well as her ability to mix genres together. Her songs range from party anthems to political commentary. E-40 has released more than 20 albums and has won numerous awards, including the BET Hip Hop Award for Best Mixtape.
The last of the five best female rappers from the West Coast is Ice Cube. Ice Cube is known for her hard-hitting lyrics and her ability to mix political commentary with her rhymes. Her debut album, AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted, is considered to be one of the most influential rap albums of all time. Ice Cube has won numerous awards, including the BET Hip Hop Award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist .
These five female rappers from the West Coast have all made their mark on the industry. From the lyrical genius of Missy Elliott to the hard-hitting rhymes of Cardi B, each artist has a unique and captivating sound. It is clear that the West Coast has produced some of the best female rappers in the world.
The Impact of the 5 Best Female Rappers from the West Coast on Pop Culture
The West Coast has long been home to some of the most influential female rappers in the music industry. From the early days of Queen Latifah and Yo-Yo to the modern-day superstars like Nicki Minaj and Cardi B, female MCs from the West Coast have had an immense impact on pop culture.
Here, we take a look at the five best female rappers from the West Coast and their impact on popular culture. The first female rapper from the West Coast to make a major impact on pop culture is undoubtedly Queen Latifah.
Her 1989 album, All Hail the Queen, was the first full-length release from a female rapper and it was hugely influential in the evolution of hip-hop. Queen Latifah’s presence in the hip-hop scene as a powerful black woman was an inspiration to countless other female rappers, and her legacy is still respected today.
The next artist that needs to be mentioned when talking about female rappers from the West Coast is Yo-Yo. Yo-Yo was one of the first female rappers signed to a major label, and her 1991 album, Make Way for the Motherlode, was highly influential in the development of West Coast hip-hop.
Her lyrical flow and delivery set a new standard for female rappers, and she was a major influence on many of the female MCs who came after her. The third female rapper from the West Coast to make an impact on popular culture is Missy Elliott. While she was born in Virginia, she began her rap career in California and quickly established herself as one of the most influential female rappers of all time.
Her innovative production style, catchy hooks, and clever lyrics made her a household name and she is still revered by fans and critics alike. The fourth female rapper from the West Coast to make an impact on popular culture is Lil’ Kim.
She was one of the first female rappers to receive mainstream attention, and her lyrical content and outrageous fashion sense made her an iconic figure in the hip-hop scene. She is widely credited as being a major influence on female rappers who came after her and her influence on popular culture is still felt today.
Finally, we come to the modern-day superstars Nicki Minaj and Cardi B. These two artists are arguably the most influential female rappers of the current era, and their impact on pop culture cannot be overstated. Their innovative production styles, catchy hooks, and cutting-edge lyrical content have pushed the boundaries of the genre and have made them two of the most successful female rappers of all time.
In conclusion, the five best female rappers from the West Coast have had an immense impact on pop culture. From Queen Latifah to Nicki Minaj and Cardi B, these five artists have pushed the boundaries of the genre and have set a new standard for female rappers. Their influence is still felt today and their legacy will continue to shape hip-hop for years to come.